The Global Gala essay contest awards two scholarships promoted at the Northern Nevada International Center
(NNIC)’s March 25, 2016 Annual Global Gala featuring speaker Ms. Josephine Kulea, founder of the Samburu Girls Foundation and United Nations in Kenya – Person of the Year in 2013.
The NNIC’s mission is to foster the role of citizen diplomacy in building bridges of international awareness and understanding through programs of international exchange as well as community and educational outreach in order to promote the equality of all peoples.
Why should you care what happens in other parts of the world? Write an essay that best exemplifies your perspective on this question. Make sure to follow the instructions and guidelines below.
Reno Sunrise Rotary Club and the Northern Nevada International Center
Category I: 7th-9th graders; winner receives a $250 award; 2 Global Gala tickets, featured essay in the program booklet
Category II: 10th-12th graders; winner receives a $500 award; 2 Global Gala tickets, featured essay in the program booklet
March 2, 2016
- One entry per person, not to exceed 500 words
- All entries must be the original work of the person claiming to write the essay
- All essays must be typed; double-spaced
- Include your name, address, email address, home telephone number and school name on a separate sheet and indicate the category that applies to your grade level
- Entries will not be returned!
- You do not need to be a student of a W.C.S.D. public school to participate in this contest!
- No repeat entries/winners!
- Submissions will be evaluated on originality, organization, grammar, spelling, sentence structure and punctuation.
- Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or via online submission at www.unr.edu/nnic
For questions, please contact Dr. Carina A. Black, Ph.D., Executive Director, Northern Nevada International Center, 784.7515x 221 or email@example.com
A student, Part-time Blogger, freelance writer and an OAP. Want to know more about me? click my social media links.